|Page (1) of 1 - 02/24/17||email article||print page|
KAI Inc. Unveils KaiCast, An Advanced Multi-Projection Solution for Immersive Environments and Rich360, A 360-degree Video Remastering Service
SEOUL, South Korea, Feb. 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- KAI Inc., a startup based in South Korea, has unveiled KaiCast, an easy way to configure multi-projection setup, and Rich360, a smart way to create and enjoy 360 VR content. They have brought these two innovative products to showcase at Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017 in Barcelona. KAI Inc. is planning to release a closed beta test for these two products.
KaiCast enables anyone without professional experience on multi-projection to create their own immersive world by using a couple of low-spec stick PCs with projectors. The system also has the option of automatically calibrating the area using a handheld panoramic camera. "We're passionate about empowering ordinary people to create stunning visual environments for any application," said Daehyeon Wi, CTO of KAI Inc. KaiCast comes with the following features:
- Simple Configuration
- Configure the system by plugging in KaiCast to each projector or display and registering the devices on the server
- Easy Setup
- Calibrate the surrounding screens automatically using a handheld panoramic camera. An easy manual calibration mode is also supported
- Play Anything
- From videos to games, play any type of content on a single screen composed of multiple synchronized KaiCasts
- Convenient Management
- Conveniently manage the system and content through a universal web based management tool
KaiCast is the only tool in the industry that can create an immersive environment for novices. To apply for the closed beta test for KaiCast visit http://www.kaicast.io/.
Rich360 provides content creators with an innovative and powerful way to enhance their 360 video content with higher image quality. Incorporating the company's proven technology, which was presented as a technical paper on ACM SIGGRAPH 2016, Rich360's suite of tools automatically optimizes the content and streams them at the richest quality over the internet. "We never stopped thinking and we never stopped researching to provide a better solution for content creators who must have been disappointed with low-quality rendering results despite all their hard work," said Jungjin Lee, CRO of KAI Inc. Rich360 is a breakthrough technology for 360 video and it meets the expectations of 360 video creators with the following features:
- Content Optimization for Streamable Resolutions
- Achieve maximum quality with streamable video resolution
- Web Embeddable Player
- A player that supports webVR that can be embedded for creators' web pages
- Up to 4K Streaming
- Stream up to the highest possible video quality
- Adaptive Bitrate Streaming
- Support for different resolutions based on network speed
- Unity Asset for Native App Development
- Make your own project using the right set of tools
Rich360 provides the right set of tools for a richer-quality 360 video for everyone. To apply for the closed beta test for KaiCast, visit http://www.rich360.io/.
About KAI Inc.
KAI Inc. is a spinoff company from the Visual Media Lab at KAIST, and it presents next generation immersive media. This allows the creation of VR experiences in the simplest and the most powerful way. Their expertise in the area of computer graphics and vision technology brings fascinating applications to life. During its early years, KAI Inc. has proved its expertise in computer graphics and vision technology by jointly developing CJ CGV ScreenX, the world's first multi-projection system for theaters. The system has been installed in more than 100 theaters around the world.
Tel.: +82 (0)42 867 2958
Mob.: +82 (0)10 6426 4026
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kai-inc-unveils-kaicast-an-advanced-multi-projection-solution-for-immersive-environments-and-rich360-a-360-degree-video-remastering-service-300413159.html
SOURCE KAI Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Video, Inc., Siggraph Attendees, Science, Internet Technology, Computer Science, Internet, Video Tools, 360 Video,