|Page (1) of 1 - 11/12/12||email article||print page|
Thousands of Top Animators Cross Studio and Geographic Boundaries to Converge at the CTN animation eXpo during Animation Week in Burbank, CA(November 12, 2012)
Burbank, CA (PRWEB) November 12, 2012
Now in its fourth and most exciting year, at the Burbank Convention Center, The Creative Talent Network once again puts "The Talent Center Stage" at the CTN animation eXpo. This event, being the official hub for the citywide proclamation of "Animation Week" celebrates and honors the artists whose spectacular contributions can be seen in some of the highest grossing and most admired films in the history of animation. Using "See, Hear, Engage and Discover" as it's theme this year they are hosting hundreds of world-class creative talent and award-winning animators who are crossing over age, genre, studio and geographic boundaries to connect under one roof in the animation capital of the world, Burbank, CA.
Created by artists and for artists. CTNs founder, Tina Price, is an award-winning animator, industry pioneer and 25-year animation veteran, formerly with the Walt Disney Animation Studios who knows that the creative talent are at the core of the animation industry.
The CTN eXpo this year is both a virtual and brick and mortar event held online and at the Burbank Marriott Convention Center for 3-days. Onsite attendees experience an exhibit floor, panels and conversation sessions and exclusive sneak peak animation feature film screenings such as the beautiful 2D creations from Europe like "The Painting", "Zarafa" and "The Rabbi's Cat" from GKids. "Almost nowhere else can adults, let alone kids, see such a collection of genuinely innovative and visually arresting films." says Time Magazine. With large studio offerings in an exclusive limited seating engagement like DreamWorks Animation Studios "Rise of the Guardians" and Walt Disney Animation Studios "Wreck it Ralph". But most unique to this event is "the talent" in an intimate environment that includes privileged access to live demonstrations, networking receptions, conversations with creators and recruiting. Online attendees have privileged access to view signature events.
CTN continues to represent the highest standard in new talent combined with an extremely distinguished group of animation legends representing all sectors of the animation community. Below is a few highlight presenters from the over 100 brilliant speakers and exhibitors attending this years CTN EXPO.
- CTN is proud to announce the fabulous storyteller and director Branda Chapman, formerly with the Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios.
- Legendary Animator Glen Keane in an exclusive appearance at CTN. Glens infamous career encompasses more than two decades of award-winning, international character design and animation, including many prestigious industry awards.
- Futurist designer Syd Mead in a rare appearance at CTN has done more than imagine the future, he has helped to craft its shape. Syd Mead will be presenting on the subject of "The Future" and signing books and prints created just for this event.
- Caricaturist and featured International Guest to CTNx, Pablo Lobato. Pablo will be interviewed by award winning Walt Disney Animation Director John Musker.
- In an extremely rare appearance at CTN, the amazing Tyrus Wong who at age nine he left China for the United States where his career took him as many places as his kites go in the wind. Moderated by Los Angeles Times animation critic Charles Solomon and special guest artists with Tyrus Wong being present.
- Giving New Talent "A Shot" CTN with the CTN New Talent Showcase with story artist Jake Wyatt from Burbank CA, designer Faye Hsu from Northern California and animator Nacho Rodriguez from Spain. These New Talents will be featured in an artist to artist interview conducted by legendary Art Director Robh Ruppel, Graphic Novel Designer Kazu Kibuishi and Animation Historian and co-founder of Cartoon Brew, Jerry Beck.
- Expo partners include Animation Mentor, Animation World Network, BlueSky Animation, Cartoon Network, Copic Markers, Computer Rental Equipment, Disney Television, Disney Toons, Dreamworks Animation, Sony Pictures Animation, The Art Institute Hollywood, The Burbank Hospitality Association, ToonBoom, WACOM, Walt Disney Animation, Woodbury University.
For a complete event schedule you can download the free Guidebook event app at: http://guidebook.com/g/CTNX2012/
The CTN animation eXpo® will take place at the Burbank Marriott Convention Center, 2500 N Hollywood Way, Burbank, CA 91505 across the street from the Burbank Airport and Amtrak Station. There is ample discounted parking conveniently located. A variety of housing options at local hotels connected by a shuttle start at $109.00 a night. Tickets are available online and onsite for $75 for a day pass and $135 for a 3-day pass or $45 for an exhibit floor only day pass. Discounted rates are available to students, active military and professional industry organizations. Tickets to this event: http://www.ctnanimationexpo.com/ctnx2012/
Also new this year is the opportunity to watch select key sessions online for only $65.00 for all 3-days. CTNX Virtual LIVE passes can be purchased here: http://ctnx2012.eventbrite.com.
Press Kit: https://www.box.com/s/28c31mis6eznrcwf0xlt
info (at) creativetalentnetwork (dot) com or call, (818) 827 7138
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/CTN/EXPO/prweb10119850.htm.
Related Keywords:plastic art,entertainment award,entertainment (general),arts (general),arts, culture and entertainment,education,adult education,further education,university,religious education,design and engineering